Send Relief responds to critical needs after the magnitude 7.8 earthquake.
More than 11,000 people have been killed and tens of thousands more injured in a devastating earthquake that struck southern Turkey and northern Syria on the morning of Monday, February 6. Send Relief is working with local partners in Syria and Turkey to respond to critical needs. Within hours of the disaster, local partners began providing blankets, water bottles, food, and other emergency supplies in impacted neighborhoods.
We are asked to pray:
- For local search and rescue teams as they continue rescuing residents trapped under rubble.
- For those needing shelter in Turkey and Syria.
- For those grieving in the loss of loved ones in the disaster.
- For many who have been displaced during the cold of winter and are sleeping in freezing temperatures outside.
- For those in Syria, who have already been living in the crisis of ongoing violence and conflict, who now have been impacted by natural disaster that only compounds the suffering of northern Syria.
- For believers in the affected areas as they seek to minister in the crisis.
- For Send Relief and responding partners as they seek to bring help and hope to those affected.
- For responding partners and their families as many of them have experienced trauma in the disaster.
- For assessment and responding partners as they travel into affected areas and for traveling safety.
- For wisdom for the Send Relief team and partners as they make response decisions.
- Give today to support relief efforts.
If you would like to support the people of Turkey & Syria through Send Relief, please click here to give .
Thanks to the IMB SEND RELIEF for all the insight and information.