Thank you for your patience as we continue to navigate these uncertain times.
As of now, we are continuing to follow the recommended guidelines provided by the CDC.
Below are the procedures we are continuing to implement:
- To aid in staffing, cleaning, and maintaining separate classroom “bubbles” we have shortened our hours through at least March 2021. Our hours will be Monday – Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- To limit exposure inside the center, drop-off and pick-up will continue to take place in the church’s foyer just outside the entrance to the center. A member of our staff will greet you and your children upon your arrival into the building and walk you through the sign-in/out process.
- Parents should wear a face mask as they enter the building. If you do not have a mask, we can provide one for you. Your children’s teachers will wear masks. Children ages 2 and older are welcome to wear a mask when provided by the parent, but it is not required.
- As you arrive, you will notice markings 6 feet apart. Please do your best to maintain physical distance from other families dropping off and picking up at the same time.
- Sanitation stations will be available for your use.
- To help control guests entering the church building, you will notice that your fobs have been deactivated. A staff member will now greet you and let you into the building. If you arrive during the lunch hour, between 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., please call the First Preschool cell phone, and a member of our staff will meet you at the door. The preschool’s cell number is 615.476.1862.
- As an extra safety precaution, children, teachers, and staff members will be screened and have temperatures taken daily upon arrival using an infrared thermometer. Those with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will not be permitted into the center. Parents are encouraged, as always, to be on the alert for signs of illness and should keep children home if they are sick.
- If a child becomes ill during the day, we have set up a resting cot to isolate the child until the parent arrives. As always, we will post a notification if there is any type of illness in the center and follow the CDC’s guidelines for disinfecting our facility. If a child, teacher, or staff member is diagnosed with COVID-19, we will follow TN Department of Health Guidelines for when they can return.
- To limit possible exposure, classrooms will not combine for indoor or outdoor play.
- Classroom toys and furnishings will be cleaned and sanitized as they are used throughout the day and at the end of the day. Items that cannot be easily sanitized will be removed from the classrooms. The Rainy Day Room play equipment and toys will be sanitized between each class.
- Thorough handwashing will be taught and guidelines will be strictly followed throughout the day.
- Our kitchen staff will prepare meals following food safety guidelines and gloves will be worn during food service. Teachers will carefully monitor all meals and snacks.
- With arrival and departure happening in the foyer, you will notice our teachers and staff utilizing the Brightwheel app and written communication more and more. Please help us by sending schedules and updates on your child through notes or on the app, too.