September 20 – October 25
Tennessee Baptists are working together to gift backpacks full of love to kids in our state this Christmas. The goal is for these backpacks to be child-focused, Christ centered, and church connected. As backpacks are gifted to kids at Christmas events across Tennessee, every effort will be made to connect each child and their family to the gospel and a local church.
How can you help?
- Decide on the age and gender of the child you would like to receive your backpack and begin praying for that child.
- Purchase a brand-new backpack and fill it up with new toys, hygiene items, treats, clothing, and school supplies.
- Bring the backpack to the church library on or before Sunday, October 25.
If you have questions, would like to volunteer on October 25, or would prefer to make a monetary gift, please contact Shannon Meadors at email@example.com, 615.594.6775
Christmas Backpack Gift Suggestions:
- TOYS (at least one): Small cars, balls, blocks, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, sidewalk chalk, toys that light up or make noise (with extra batteries)
- HYGIENE ITEMS (at least two): toothbrush, toothpaste, mild bar soap (wrapped and in a zip-lock), shampoo (sealed and in a ziplock), hairbrush, comb, ponytail holders, hair clips, washcloth, etc.
- FOOD (at least two): granola bars, hard candy (original box or bag and in a zip-lock), mints, gum. Please do not gift chocolate or anything with peanuts.
- CLOTHING (at least two): brand new t-shirts, underwear, socks, hat, gloves, scarf, etc.
- ART & SCHOOL SUPPLIES: pencils, pens, crayons, markers, paper, coloring books, etc.
- IDEAS FOR TEEN GIRLS: lip gloss, costume jewelry, craft kits, journals, cozy socks, feminine hygiene supplies, sports equipment, sunglasses
- IDEAS FOR TEEN BOYS: card games, hand-held electronic games, flashlights with extra batteries, sports equipment, slippers, sunglasses, ball caps
Do not include knives or toy weapons.
Do not include items that could easily break or shatter.
Items that are liquid must be sealed in their original packaging and placed in a zip-lock bag.
Items that have a scent must be in their original packing and placed in a zip-lock bag