Dr. Frank R. Lewis
615.664.6010 | email
- Education: Samford University, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary
- Experience: Founding Pastor of Green Valley Baptist Church, Henderson, Nevada, Preaching and Worship Consultant –The Baptist Sunday School Board
- Family: I’m married to Lori, proud father of Lauren and Gregory.
- What kind of music do you listen to? Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Keith Getty, Classic Hymns for Studying
- Do you have any hobbies? I love martial arts and fitness exercise.
- Have you ever won anything? I won the Senior Men’s Southeast Regional US Taekwondo Sparring Competition in 2008.
- Why do you like Nashville First Baptist Church. Our people are kind, supportive, non-judgmental, encouraging, and loving.
- Do you have a life verse? There are too many to list, but I love Exodus 14:14, Psalm 46:1 and 10, and Revelation 1:16.
- What’s the most incredible view you’ve ever seen? Denali, Alaska (formerly known as Mount McKinley)
- Are you handy at repairing things? Are you kidding…just give me a power tool!
- Who did you first see live in concert? Rare Earth
- Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity? When I was younger, it was Michael J. Fox. A few years ago, people said it was Jeremy Renner. Do you agree? Both are nice comparisons — I’ll take them!
- Do you have a favorite season? I love the fall, especially October.
- What’s the one piece of advice you would give others about life? Trust Christ!
- If you could live to see one future event, what would it be? The Second Coming of Christ.
Senior Pastor's Assistant
615.664.6010 | email
Education: Bachelor of Science in Music Business from Trevecca Nazarene University (2006)
Family: My husband, Benjamin, and I have a beautiful little girl named Evelyn. We love living in Nashville!
Where would you choose to live: by the ocean, in the mountains or in the woods? I would love to live by the ocean. The sound of the water and feel of the sand is to me the best kind of way to relax.
Have you ever won anything? Yes! I won a cruise. While on a cruise with my family, we entered a contest to win a free cruise at a later point, and our ticket was drawn. Cruising for free is an awesome way to vacation.
Do you have a favorite season? My favorite season is autumn. I LOVE the colors of the leaves and the crisp cool air. I wish it lasted a little longer.
What do you like on your pizza? All the meats! A meat lovers pizza with extra cheese and mushrooms. Yum!
What was your favorite TV show growing up? Reading rainbow was my favorite show with Levar Burton. I could follow that up with all the shows that came on Friday nights. TGIF – Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Step by Step, and Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper.
Joe A. Fitzpatrick
Worship & Music Pastor
615.664.6031 | email
Education: Master of Church Music Conducting and Voice, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas; Bachelor of Music Education Trumpet and Voice, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma
Experience: Park Hill Baptist Church, North Little Rock, Arkansas: Worship Pastor (1989-2009); Mandarin Baptist Church, Jacksonville, Florida: Minister of Music (1985-1989); Travis Avenue Baptist Church, Fort Worth, Texas: Music Intern (1983-1984); First Baptist Church, Yale, Oklahoma: Minister of Music (1976-1982).
Family: I am married to Gwenn Robertson Fitzpatrick and I have two children: Robert Sean and Melodie Marie.
Have you ever run a marathon? Yes, I have completed the St. Jude Rock ‘n’ Roll Nashville Marathon on two occasions in honor of Ian Miller and have run a good number of half marathons.
Have you ever climbed a mountain? I am making plans and training to climb The Half Dome at Yosemite National Park later this year.
Do you have a favorite season? I am a summer guy. I love the outdoors, hanging out at the lake or beach, and all kinds of water sports.
Have you ever skydived? No, but it is definitely on my list of things to do.
What Scripture is speaking to you most right now?: Zephaniah 3:17 – “The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”
What is your favorite restaurant in Nashville?: The Cheesecake Factory and Germantown Café.
What is your favorite vacation destination?: The beach! Our family loves it.
Worship & Music Associate
Education: Bachelor Of Music from Belmont University with an emphasis in Commercial Vocal Performance
Experience: Worship Leader and Artist in Residence at Providence Church, Knoxville TN, Brentwood Baptist Church, Brentwood TN, FBC Morristown, Morristown TN, and Christ Presbyterian, Nashville TN. Staff Writer at Daywind Music Publishing.
Family: My wife’s name is Lena and we have a daughter named, Kennedy Lane.
The Scripture that is speaking to me right now: Isaiah 6:8
My favorite restaurant in Nashville: Anything BBQ or Mexican!
My favorite vacation destination is: Maui, HI
Children's Choir Coordinator
Education: Belmont University, Middle TN State University
Experience: Clinical Therapist, Author, Speaker – Nashville, TN; Counseling and Family Specialist – Tennessee Baptist Convention
Family: Married to Amber, blessed father of Drew and Caleb; two grandchildren
Do you have a hobby? I love to collect baseball and railroad memorabilia.
Do you have a favorite family memory? I loved coaching my sons in baseball and keeping lap/spilt times for my daughter when she ran the mile and two mile races in high school track.
Who has influenced you? Steve Haynes, my Young Life leader at Antioch High School, has been the most influential person in my life so far.
Do you have a favorite Bible verse? My favorite verse is Joshua 1:8, “Do not be afraid or discouraged for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Have courage!”
Worship & Music Associate, Church Organist
Minister of Pastoral Care
615.664.6021 | email
Minister to Children
615.664.6019 | email
Education: Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education in 1996 from Southwest Baptist University in Bolivar, Missouri; Masters degree in Christian Education in 2003 from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas
Experience: I’ve been the Minister to Children at First Baptist Nashville since December 1, 2009. Previously, I served on staff at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano, Texas and Springfield Baptist Church in Springfield, Tennessee.
Family: My husband, Kyle, and I are the parents of two great kids – Jacob and Ava Lauren
Education: B.A. in Oral Commutations, minor in Public Relations, Lipscomb University, 2009
Experience: Special Events Supervisor, Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Resort; Part-Time Front Desk Receptionist, Nashville First Baptist Church
Family: My wife Carrie and I have two children: Sadie and Samuel.
What was your favorite TV show growing up? To this day, I would still say M*A*S*H. As a kid, I would sit at the foot of my father’s chair, or in his lap, and we would watch it every week.
How long have you lived in Nashville? More than ten years. I was born and raised in Memphis.
What’s the one dish you absolutely, positively will never, ever eat? Boiled okra! I am from the South and there are a lot of southern foods I don’t eat, but boiled okra takes the cake.
Which museum is your absolute favorite? Which are you dying to go to? The Louvre Museum in Paris. It is so big that I need to go back to finish looking around.
If you could live to see one future event, what would it be? Haley’s Comet. As a child, I remember seeing it. When it returns in 2061, I will be 89 years old.
Custodial & Food Service Staff