Dear Church Family and Friends,
We are ready to share some exciting news related to our plan to reopen the building! Let me quickly say two important words to everyone:
- First, thank you for your prayers, support and patience in these past twenty-five weeks. You pivoted with us to allow a safe response to the virus while you continued to be the church on mission in a number of ways.
- Second, for those who are not ready to gather in person, we fully support your decision and in no way do we want you to feel anything other than our complete support. There is no criticism or shame for ensuring your personal safety and those you may be living with or caring for during these days.
Here is our schedule.
This assumes that the city of Nashville continues to experience a decrease in cases and that we are careful in our efforts to reopen safely and securely.
September 6 – Soft Opening. No reservations required to attend worship in person on this day.
September 13 – Official Reopening.
- Reservations Appreciated! Go to https://nashvillefirst.org/regathering
- There are limited Worship Care Options for our youngest worshippers by reservation as well using the same form.
September 27 – Fellowship on Broadway Leading Worship for all of First Baptist Nashville.
- Jason Cox and members of the worship team leading us to worship in music.
- Gary Morgan, our new Pastor of Urban Mission will be preaching.
October 11 – Fellowship on Broadway Reopens in Fellowship Hall at 10:30.
October 14 – Possible start of Wednesday Activities
- Box meals for dinner.
- Three Adult Bible Studies to help provide for Social Distancing
- Children’s Activities.
- Student Ministry Activities
November – Possible restart of some onsite Bible Study Classes on Sunday mornings.
- All classes that meet on campus will also have access to Zoom so that members preferring an at-home option can participate fully.
All of these dates are subject to change depending on the data related to COVID-19 Cases in our city, and the health of our congregation as we carefully move forward.