Live Missional at your workplace.
We need to learn the skills of entering and dwelling both in and among the people where we live, work, and play. Join us as we introduce some ways in which you can join the movement of GOD IN THE City.
- Instead of eating lunch alone, intentionally eat with other co-workers and learn their story.
- Make it a daily priority to speak or write encouragement when someone does good work.
- Be the first person to greet and welcome new people.
- Go out of your way to talk to your janitors and cleaning people who most people overlook.
- Bring extra snacks when you make your lunch to give away to others.
- Bring breakfast (donuts, burritos, cereal, etc.) once a month for everyone in your department.
- Start a regular lunch out with co-workers (don’t be selective on the invites).
- Bring sodas or work appropriate drinks to keep in your break room for coworkers to enjoy. Know what your co-workers like.
- Keep small candy, gum, or little snacks around to offer to others during a long day.
- Find out your co-workers’ favorite music and make a playlist that includes as much as you can (if suitable for work).
- Invite your co-workers into the service projects you are already involved in.
- Lead the charge in organizing others to help co-workers in need.