At Nashville First, we believe that studying God’s Word in community is vital for spirtual growth. Our Sunday morning Bible Studies bring hundreds of people together each week, and we want you to find a place to plug in! Please click the boxes below to explore your options.
At Nashville First, ministry to children is a priority. Our goal is to provide a joyful, loving and safe learning environment. Children gain knowledge of God’s Word, providing the foundation for a life-long relationship with Christ. We have dedicated Bible study teachers who have trusted Christ as their personal Savior, are gifted and trained to teach children, and have a passion to “come alongside” the children’s parents.
On Sundays, we use age-sensitive curriculum from LifeWay Christian Resources that help girls and boys grow in their understanding of the Bible and God’s plan for their lives. Our lessons are intentional as we partner with parents to fill preschool to preteen children with the wonder of knowing God, loving Him, and loving others.
All preschool classrooms use the same check-in and security process as our Nursery and Worship Care suite.
- Contacts: Shannon Meadors & Mary Bunn
- Room 370 at 9:15 a.m., and then moves to Room 470A at 9:30 a.m.
- 35 and under
- Teacher/Contact: Lori Towns
- Room 370 at 9:15 a.m., and then moves to Room 370C at 9:30 a.m.
- Young Adult
- Teacher/Contact: Jonathan Higdon
- Room 370
- Coed, 20s-early 40s, nearly/newlywed, young married with no children or with children from birth into school-age
- Directors: David & Becky Clay
- Young Married: Married couples in their mid-thirties to around fifty. Most are parents of children and youth.
Teachers: Patrick & Lydia Watts, Chase & Chelsie Worrell | Curriculum: The Gospel Project (LifeWay)
- Bryson Class: Open
Teachers: Jim & Carol Bryson | Curriculum: Selected book of the Bible
- Stages: Open
Teachers: Jason and Katie Shull, Grant & Sarah Wilkinson, Brad & Melanie Dunn | Curriculum: Various 6 – 8 week studies of current topics and Scripture
- Room 360
- Coed, 30s-mid 50s, single and married with no children or with children/younger youth
- Directors: Scott & Valerie Payne
- Co-Directors: Brian & Kelly Smith
- The Open Door: A peer-led group of younger members that utilize three rotating teachers providing opportunities for those that love to teach to do so.
Curriculum: Bible Studies for Life (LifeWay)
Teachers: John Galloway; Andy Matthews; John & Grace Wilkinson
- The Waggener Class: Using LifeWay’s Explore the Bible series that rotates between books in the Old Testament and the New Testament, this is a question/discussion-style class, intended to make the Bible practical to real life. Humor is a frequent characteristic during the class’s lively discussions.
Curriculum: Explore the Bible (LifeWay)
Teachers: Rob Waggener, Mark Pickrell
- 40s & 50s
Curricululm: Explore the Bible (LifeWay)
Teacher: Gary Eaton
- Stages II: Parents of school-aged children
Teacher: Tim Hall | Curriculum: Selected book of the Bible
- The Bride’s Room
- Coed, 40+, single
- Curriculum: Explore the Bible (LifeWay)
- Contact: Becky Brooks
- Teacher: Becky Brooks
- Room 460
- Coed, 60s+, single and married
- Directors: Gary & Linda Tullock | Co-Directors: Thom & Debbie Thurman
- Missions: Kathy Wilcox | Outreach: Nancy Brock
Teachers: Chuck Cagle, Rob Sterling, Paul Sims, Jeff Mobley | Curriculum: Smyth & Helwys
- New Heart
Teacher: Steve Finch | Curriculum: Explore the Bible (LifeWay)
- Room 140
- Men/women, 60s – 70s, single and married, near or in retirement
- Directors: Pamela Stockett, Barbara Pedigo
- Fellowship: Pat Haskins | Communication: Peggy Newport
Coed A: Teacher: Jesse Pedigo | Curriculum: Explore the Bible (LifeWay)
- Coed B: Lanell Coile, Wayne Ozment, Tom Clark | Curriculum: Varies, currently Mark for Everyone
- Women: Donna Scudder | Curriculum: Explore the Bible (LifeWay)
- Men: Gary Gober | Curriculum: Explore the Bible (LifeWay)
- Room 150
- Coed/men/women, 70s-80s, single and married, early retirement
- Directors: James & Kelly Porch
- Outreach: Glenda Turner | Activity Leader: Marge Leathers | Worship Leaders: Nancy Ryals, Bill Carver, Jerry Brown
- Men (Room 151): Teacher: Harold Smith | Curriculum: Selected book of the Bible
- Caregiver (Room150D): Teacher: Julia Smith | Curriculum: Foundations (Smith & Helwys)
- Heritage (Room 150): Teacher: Dick Waggener | Curriculum: Explore the Bible (LifeWay)
- Room 470B
- Teacher: Chris O’Rear | Curriculum: Foundations (Smith & Helwys)
- A deeper study of the Bible with application to everyday life – Classes are built around the rich discussion that comes from sharing diverse life experiences, education, and backgrounds. Members are encouraged to bring their questions about the weekly scripture as the class works together to answer difficult questions of faith that go beyond traditional answers. The class is committed to practical application of scripture and regularly participates in mission activities inside and outside the congregation.
- Room Media Center/Library
- Teacher: Jimmy Hester | Curriculum: Bible Studies for Life (LifeWay)
- Secretary: Greg Daniels
- Biblical guidance for the sandwich generation – As a group of adults often labeled the sandwich generation, members seek biblical guidance to better CONNECT with God, CONNECT with their parents, and CONNECT with their children.
- Room 440
- A class for ages 40+, married and single, encouraging and edifying one another through Bible study, prayer, service and fellowship
- Directors: Ric & Sharon Herrera
- Teachers: Wes Turner, Jerry Burden | Curriculum: Explore the Bible (LifeWay)
- Inreach/Outreach: Carol Ann Shull
- Room 461
- A class for women of any age and marital status who want to respond to God’s call for a deeper understanding of His Word and its relevance to daily life. Bible study, prayer, and nurturing relationships with other women make a dynamic combination. Members develop endearing friendships that meet the need for a place to belong, grow, serve, and live the abundant life in Christ.
- Curriculum: Explore the Bible (LifeWay)
- Teacher: Ruth Kuzur
- Fellowship Hall Stage
- New beginnings for life transitions – Building bridges with Nashville’s downtown homeless and less fortunate community, members reach out and give hope to the hopeless through the love of Jesus Christ by showing people the reality of Christ through healing hands and open hearts.
- Teachers: Robin & Russell Brothers | Curriculum: Selected book of the Bible
- Room 340
- Bible study that breaks down walls that separate people – Members are encouraged to think more deeply about how the scripture applies to their lives in a practical way. They enjoy reading aloud from the Old and New Testaments in each lesson. Insights are gained from hearing answers to probing questions and challenge members to grow in their understanding of what God expects.
- Director: Joan Lehning | Care Group Leader: Pam Joy Fisher
- Teacher: Lisa Pruitt | Curriculum: Selected book of the Bible
First Friends Special Needs
10:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
Bible teaching, worship, and application along with a lot of laughter for adults with special needs
Teacher: Cindy Owen
JUNIOR HIGH + SENIOR HIGH
College Bible Study meets at 9:00am on Sundays in Room 470. We have breakfast and coffee together every week, and then we study a book of the Bible.
- Teachers: Kyle Meadors & Todd Lake
- Contact: Kyle Meadors